grub-devel

Re: powerpc/sparc problems

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: powerpc/sparc problems
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:10:02 -0400

Quoting David Miller <address@hidden>:

From: Pavel Roskin <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:41:41 -0400

This makes me think that checks for __bswapsi2 and  __bswapdi2 will fail
on Sparc64, even if those functions are present and even if
--disable-werror is used.

They worked perfectly fine for me on a real system with
a real compiler and glibc.

I don't think we can rely on testing done months ago. Now that we use -Werror by default, the checks would fail even natively. It they don't, I'd like to see the relevant excerpt from your config.log.

I'm going to test the native PowerPC build later today.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin