grub-devel

Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 19:44:23 +0200

2009/10/4 Bean <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Stefan Bienert
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Bean wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What's your video card, intel or nvidia ?
>>>

>> Nvidia.
>
> Hi,
>
> I found a small bug that could be the cause, please try the latest
> code from menu branch. I also upload the binary file to ubuntu forum
> in case you don't want to compile it yourself.

For me gfxterm works on an iMac with Radeon X1600 card but I am not
sure what exact version I was running.

I forgot to load a font so the terminal only displayed question marks
at about 1cps but it certainly did display something.

It says grub 1.97~beta3 but that is somewhat imprecise in this case.

Thanks

Michal