grub-devel

Re: Is it possible to boot Syslinux com32 module from grub2 ?

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Is it possible to boot Syslinux com32 module from grub2 ?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:03:18 +0200

> Hello Robert,
>
> Today I got a response from hdt developers. They mentioned that hdt
> needs some syslinux internal hence it will not function without
> syslinux.
Probably grub exposes to its modules a similar functionality as
syslinux to com32. Of course function names differ but prbably by
writing few include files it's possible to create source-level
compatibility. The resulting module can then be put to grub-extras
> If multiboot approach can solve this I'll look into it
> definately.
If you want to do it with multiboot have a look at libpayload and
libOSDK. Probably they can provide an environment you need.