grub-devel

Re: Help with Grub2

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: Help with Grub2
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:17:21 -0500

Felix Zielcke wrote:

Oh for the graphic mode to work you need to have /usr/src/unifont.bdf
file which is for Debian/Ubuntu in bf-utf-source package and then
compile grub2 with `./configure --enable-grub-mkfont' so that the fonts
files needed for it are generated.
And then you can use a background image with something like this in
grub.cfg:
insmod png
background_image /my/image.png
or you can use insmod jpeg or tga

Themes are not yet supported but Colin's gfxmenu branch will be merged
soon.
One last question Felix, I hope. I think it will be, I just want this last part to work. I have the bf-utf-source package which appears to only copy two .bdf files to /usr/src and nothing else. Can I safely assume then that I can extract the contents out and manually copy them to /usr/src and grub2 will be happy?

Except of course doing the above configure for grub-mkfont, I need do nothing else except provide the unifont.bdf? If that is the case, then I'll just add these to my Zenwalk package for grub2, so it will be complete and ready for images?

Thanks again,
Pat