grub-devel

Re: Help with Grub2

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: Help with Grub2
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 13:00:32 -0500

Felix Zielcke wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 01.02.2009, 11:11 -0500 schrieb BandiPat:

Using the 1.96 stable release presently which is suppose to support xfs now, isn't it? If there is another version available, please send it to me or point me to it.

The 1.96 release is pretty old, almost a year.
Better get the SVN trunk:
svn co svn://svn.sv.gnu.org/grub/trunk/grub2

That should hopefully work for you.

Felix,
You are my new hero! That was the problem, the XFS I was using. Once I got the newest release built and installed, everything worked as it should. Yaaay! I can't thank you enough for your help. It's really a very simple and painless process, if all things are correct.

Now I just need to add some other entries to use, plus I would like to make the loader screen a bit prettier. If I just want to boot to runlevel 3, can I use the standard boot entry that takes me to the gui and just add "append=3" as the last entry?

I also want to add a memtest entry. The boot loader screen is themeable, isn't it or you can use a graphic, jpg or png, etc? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm excited that it finally works. Now I want to start playing and learning.

Thanks again!
Pat

--
       ---Zenwalk v5.4--Linux 2.6.27---