grub-devel

Re: compilation of grub-emu is currently broken

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: compilation of grub-emu is currently broken
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 00:10:07 +0200

Felix Zielcke wrote:
> grub_emu-normal_main.o: In function `grub_mod_init':
> /home/fz/grub/grub2.svn/normal/main.c:623: undefined reference to
> `grub_menu_viewer_register'
> grub_emu-normal_main.o: In function `grub_normal_execute':
> /home/fz/grub/grub2.svn/normal/main.c:580: undefined reference to
> `grub_menu_viewer_show_menu'

This is actually quite good reminder what is wrong in our current build
system.

How to specify common files for multiple places...

One good example is normal.mod. There is only one non-common file that
needs to be there and for that reason it needs to reside on arch
specific makefile. So we have same definition on multiple files.

In that light I would prefer to have grub-emu architecture that has only
specific code there. And then somehow tackle nicely those arch specific
stuff to own makefiles...

Any ideas are welcome how to achieve that in good way?