grub-devel

Re: EFI Boot on MacPro

From: Ziling Zhao
Subject: Re: EFI Boot on MacPro
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:32:43 -0800

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Türker SEZER <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thursday 08 January 2009 03:52:09 Türker SEZER wrote:
> On Thursday 08 January 2009 02:46:55 peter cros wrote:
> > If not using refit, but using 'bless' from macosx - then grub.efi needs
> > to be in an hfsplus partition on the usb stick.
>
> Hmm, thats insteresting point. I used bless but didnt create hfsplus
> partition. I will try it tomorrow.

I tried this now. Formatted usb with disk utility and then bless it again. It
shows "EFI Boot" at startup, but when i choose this option, it opens OS X.
There is no grub menu, different screen etc. It boots with normal way.

I added a grub.cfg for test. I add distro files to usb and create cfg file as
below[1].

note: There is 2 harddisk on machine (at slot1 and slot2). They are mirrored
with soft-raid.

Türker

[1]: grub.cfg
----------------
timeout=10
#menuentry "MacOSX" {
#  # Set the root device for Mac OS X's loader.
#  root=(hd0,0)
#  # Load the loader.
#  chainloader /usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi
#}
menuentry "GNU/Linux" {
 set root=(hd2,0)
 #search --set /boot/vmlinuz
 # Load the kernel and initrd.
 linux /boot/2.6.25.20-114 root=/dev/sdc1 gpt
 initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.25.20-114
}
--EOF--