grub-devel

Re: EFI Boot on MacPro

From: peter cros
Subject: Re: EFI Boot on MacPro
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:46:55 +1100

If not using refit, but using 'bless' from macosx - then grub.efi needs to be in an hfsplus partition on the usb stick.

The built grub efi i386 tarball I use for macbook2,1 is on the ubuntu forum site, should suffice to show if you need x86_64.

grub2 EFI boot loader

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Türker SEZER <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wednesday 07 January 2009 06:54:47 peter cros wrote:
> grub.efi it would load and run for Apple MacBook2,1, Apple mini2,1
> MacBook pro 2,2 or earlier , i.e. none of the current Apple MacBooks, but
> no reports   for Apple xserver, Imac or Mac Pro.

I have a clean xserve 8-core. I havent installed any service on it, yet. So i
can test grub2, x86_64-efi etc.

I tried to use steps at http://grub.enbug.org/TestingOnEFI address. But xserve
doesnt accept my usb stick as a bootable media. (at startup, i hold option
key, there is only my harddisks)

If you tell me more way about testing grub2 on efi, i can do these tests.

Türker Sezer