grub-devel

Re: EFI Boot on MacPro

From: peter cros
Subject: Re: EFI Boot on MacPro
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:54:47 +1100

Hi,

The kernel vesion may be the bug there, I have found grub.efi needs 2.6.26 or later, configured with EFI enabled, else the result is similar to yours.

I have had a grub.efi test package built from vesion 1913, running  in ubuntuforums.com (apple intel) for a while, a number of people tried it.

grub.efi it would load and run for Apple MacBook2,1, Apple mini2,1
MacBook pro 2,2 or earlier , i.e. none of the current Apple MacBooks, but no reports   for Apple xserver, Imac or Mac Pro.

It is therefore very interesting that grub.efi loads and runs on the Mac Pro, I would like to know what your the Model version is.

peter cros