grub-devel

Re: Linking

From: Colin D Bennett
Subject: Re: Linking
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:12:37 -0700

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:33:41 -0700 (PDT)
Viswesh S <address@hidden> wrote:

> Suppose I am adding a new command,so should I create a new file for
> that command and modify only the command,rmk accordingly? All the
> other files get autogenerated by autogen.sh ? Is this sufficient ?
> Viswesh

Yes.  Actually when you run 'make', the conf/*.mk files are regenerated
from the conf/*.rmk files if necessary, so you don't need to re-run
autogen.sh after changing .rmk files.

I was puzzled with the conf/* files at first too, and though I had to
change both, and after looking at the .mk files, I was saddened.
However, now that I know to change only the .rmk files, life is happy
and the build system is actually easy to work with.

Regards,
Colin