grub-devel

Re: Remove conf/*.mk from svn

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Remove conf/*.mk from svn
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:43:40 -0400

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 00:28 +0200, Christian Franke wrote:
> Pavel Roskin wrote:

> > At least we should put a message into *.mk files that would make it
> > clear that they are generated.
> >

> Yes.

Done.

> For a release tarball, It IMO also makes sense to include
> util/parser.tab.c. It is platform-independent and rarely changed. This
> would remove bison from the list of prerequisites.

It seems to me that gendistlist.sh should be rewritten from scratch.
It's completely outdated.  It should sort its output in C locale for
consistency.  It should be smart enough not to pick *.sh files for which
*.sh.in exists.  It should include documentation and all C files barred
known exceptions (symlist.c, grub_*_init.c, mod-*.c)

Once gendistlist.sh is good enough to allow "make distcheck" to pass,
then we can do little adjustments and decide what should or should not
be in the distribution.

> >> BTW: autogen.sh should "touch stamp-h.in" to be consistent with
> the
> >> Makefile rule for config.h.in.
> >>

> > What difference would it make?
> >

> $ patch < patch_changing_configure.ac_or_aclocal.m4
>
> $ ./autogen.sh # runs autoheader etc.
>
> $ ./configure
>
> $ make # re-runs autoheader because stamp-h.in was not updated

Thanks.  Fixed.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin