grub-devel

Re: [RFC] multiboot2 loader

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: Re: [RFC] multiboot2 loader
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:59:53 +0100

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 08:08:46AM +0100, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
> On Sunday 26 November 2006 11:18, Tomáš Ebenlendr wrote:
> > What about having
> > "Multiboot's" header as a part of "Multiboot project".
>
> Multiboot Specification is not a part of GRUB in any sense. It is discussed
> in
> this list, only because that is the most realistic at the moment, as all
> Multiboot developers are GRUB developers, too, AFAIK.

Not part of GRUB in any sense? It was developed by GRUB developers,
has always been living in the GRUB repository, the official GRUB
tarball includes it and AFAIK GRUB is the only bootloader to implement
it. Saying that multiboot isn't part of GRUB doesn't really make any
sense to me. It could as well have been named "GRUB boot protocol" and
nobody would consider that strange.

Jeroen Dekkers