grub-devel

USB driver integration into GRUB2

From: Glen Coates
Subject: USB driver integration into GRUB2
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:26:39 +1000

Hi,

Before subscribing to this list I scanned the archives for posts about
USB driver integration into grub, and found a few posts from Oct 2005
discussing porting some of the Linux USB drivers in.  Was there any
progress on that front, and is there any current development effort in
that direction?

I have a laptop that does not support USB-booting from the BIOS and
would very much like to see USB support in grub for getting around
this restriction.  I am a developer myself, although I have little
OS/driver experience, but could contribute here myself if the
development effort has not gone ahead thus far.

--
Cheers,
Glen