grub-devel

Re: [SFS breaks PPC build] Re: GRUB 1.91 is released

From: Cyril Plisko
Subject: Re: [SFS breaks PPC build] Re: GRUB 1.91 is released
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:48:33 +0200

On 10/16/05, Marco Gerards <address@hidden> wrote:
> Cyril Plisko <address@hidden> writes:

> >> How does it work for you on your pegasos and what kind of pegasos do
> >> you have?  We receive quite little feedback and I don't know many
> >> people using GRUB 2 on the pegasos.  So I'm quite interested in bug
> >> reports, missing features, etc. (also for other systems of course)
> >
> > It compiles (under Linux) and boots into GRUB prompt. I didn't play
> > with loading Linux kernel yet. Frankly speaking my primary interest
> > is loading Solaris (unfortunately we are quite far from it yet), so I never
> > invested too much time into loadin Linux with it.
>
> How is solaris booted?  Are you a solaris developer?  If so it might
> be interesting to find a group of people interested in multiboot,
> assuming solaris developers are interested in that.

Marco,

yes I am a Solaris developer. [Open]Solaris x86 uses grub legacy to boot.
And our plans for Polaris involve using GRUB2 in order to reuse as much
code as possible. Multiboot naturally is a part of the game. And extending
it to PPC arch is a necessary step. I heard that there are plans to eventually
migrate SPARC boot to GRUB too.

Cyril