grub-devel

Re: [SFS breaks PPC build] Re: GRUB 1.91 is released

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: [SFS breaks PPC build] Re: GRUB 1.91 is released
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:13:20 +0200

Cyril Plisko <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Cyril,

> yes I am a Solaris developer. [Open]Solaris x86 uses grub legacy to boot.
> And our plans for Polaris involve using GRUB2 in order to reuse as much
> code as possible. Multiboot naturally is a part of the game. And extending
> it to PPC arch is a necessary step. I heard that there are plans to eventually
> migrate SPARC boot to GRUB too.

As GRUB 2 is ported to the ultra sparc64 it might be wise for us (GRUB
and solaris developers) to talk about multiboot.  Of course other
parties might be interested as well (the Hurd uses multiboot, for
example).

Anyway, what is important for you is that we are thinking about a
portable multiboot and that there is also a sparc port in the making.

--
Marco