grub-devel

[DISCUSSION] Journal playback

From: Vladimir Serbinenko
Subject: [DISCUSSION] Journal playback
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:47:06 +0200

I've seen that journal playback is one of TODO items. I think it's bad
idea because:

1) It'll increase the size of FS modules. And fs modules are often embed
in core image. So their size is critical
2) It'll decrease safety because now GRUB doesn't write to FS and then
it'll be so the GRUB's bugs could damage FS.
3) It'll be impossible to use resume/resume2 because the fs environment
is not more the same as at the hibernation.

What do you think about this?

                                          Vladimir