grub-devel

GRUB 1.90 is released

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: GRUB 1.90 is released
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:39:45 +0200

I'm happy to announce the release of GRUB 1.90. This is the first of
our prereleases leading up to GRUB 2.0. We encourage you to try it, as
we have done a significant amount of work towards GRUB 2. Note that this
release is mainly for developers who are willing to contribute to our
project. If you need a working solution immediately, you'd better to stick to
GRUB Legacy at the moment.

The source distribution is available from <ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/>.

Send any questions, ideas, bug reports to <address@hidden>.

Here is the relevant NEWS:

New in 1.90:

* Rename the project name PUPA to GRUB. Now this version is the
  developmental version of GRUB officially.

* The GRUB emulator ``grub-emu'' is added.

* Add support for newworld Mac. This should work with other
  PowerPC-based machines as well, if they use IEEE 1275
  (Open Firmware).

* Too many changes to describe. Look at ChangeLog for more details.

Thanks,
Okuji