grub-devel

Re: Grub2 on Mac OS X

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Grub2 on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:20:50 +0100

Antoine Terrienne <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Antoine,

>> If that is used, you could replace int32_t by grub_uint32_t, etc.
> ok I was wondering if here were a specific reason for using both grub_int32_t
> and int32_t types like one for the host part and one for the build part. But
> if
> we can always use grub_xxx types it will make it a lot easier.

The reason was that this code was part of another project.  It has
been put into GRUB 2 and I think I missed these int32_t thingies.

>> I thought GRUBOF was not used anymore, but I see you replaced it.  I
>> hope I can find some time to have a look at your patch soon, but
>> please understand if it will take a while.
>>

> Yes GRUBOF have been removed from everywere exept in one .h file in the
> powerpc
> part. Must have been forgotten. In fact many little problems like this one
> seems to come from some great improvements made to Grub2-i386 that have not
> been ported to the powerpc part.

What kind of things do you think there are missing for the PPC port?
It should be quite complete by now.  It does not compile at the
moment, but this will be fixed in CVS really soon.

>> Cool!  please check if your modification did not add any warnings or
>> so, we would like to keep GRUB quite clean.
>>

> most warnings come from the memcpy function that conflicts with the gcc
> builtin.

Can you show us?

>> A complete review has to follow... sorry...
>>

> No problem there's no rush.
> By the way I will probably put a more complete patch in a few days with all
> your
> remarks.

Cool.

Thanks,