grub-devel

Re: network support

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: network support
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:55:14 +0100

Vincent Guffens <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Vincent,

> I just wanted to make a small update on the network support as I've
> just had grub2 sending bootp request. Here is the request as seen from
> my laptop directly connected to my test pc:

Cool!  nice to hear about this progress.  I am sorry that I am slow
with my replies.  Please keep hacking, I do care but I just have
little time.

> As for now, it compiles with as many warning as there are stars in the
> sky but it at least, it does something.
>
> What I've done is as follows:
>
>      *  module : grub_pci
>            o provided grub command : lspci, lspci_driver

Is it possible to split this up like I described in a previous email?

>      * module : drv_*
>            o provide grub command : none
>            o description : driver from etherboot. Uses the
> pci_register_driver to register itself and do nothing else
>            o files: depends on the driver

Would it be later to register other kinds of devices with
pci_register_driver or is it very specific to NICs?

>      * module : pcimodprobe
>            o provide grub command : ifconfig
>            o description : initialises the nic, probes for the config
>            o files :

Config files?

> The drivers are nearly no modified at all. I just changed
> printf/grub_printf, added some #include and added the code to register
> themselves.

Ok, cool :)

Thanks,
Marco