grub-devel

Re: [patch] Dynamic Loader Bugs

From: Timothy Baldwin
Subject: Re: [patch] Dynamic Loader Bugs
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:11:03 +0100

I've just come back from the European Social Forum - been staying at the
Millennium Dome.

On Thursday 14 Oct 2004 12:34, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Timothy Baldwin <address@hidden> writes:
> > 1. Gcc 3.4 will delete the module initialization and finalisation
> > functions as they appear to be unused.
>
> Why do you use the used attribute here?  Isn't that what is default?

The used attribute is neither the default or the opposite of the unused
attribute, it tells gcc that a static function is used despite not being
referred to in the same source file (after preprocessing). I refer you to the
gcc documentation.

> Can you fix bug #4 as well?

Can do, now that I have read some ELF docs.

> Can you please use "diff -up" next time when making a patch?  That
> makes it easier to read.

Will do.

--
Member AFFS, WYLUG, SWP (UK), ANL, RESPECT, Leeds SA, Leeds Anti-war coalition
No to software patents!    Victory to the Iraqi resistance!