grub-devel

Re: [ppc patch] ASFLAGS and CFLAGS

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: [ppc patch] ASFLAGS and CFLAGS
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:07:56 -0500

On Oct 16, 2004, at 4:34 AM, Marco Gerards wrote:

Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden> writes:

I haven't yet resolved the genmk.rb issues with listing grubof in
sbin_UTILITIES. We don't want grubof to be an "IMAGE", as that does an
objcopy -O binary. So I think a new class is required in genmk.rb...
perhaps called pkgdata_ELF or so.

Perhaps you can prevent that when using the proper LDFLAGS for grubof
only.  I prefer that over what you did in this patch, if that also
fixes the problem.

I don't understand. There are a few problems:
- -msoft-float is missing from COMMON_CFLAGS
- COMMON_ASFLAGS contains C-specific flags (-nostdinc -fno-builtin)
- COMMON_CFLAGS contains assmebly-specific flags (-D__ASSEMBLY__)

My patch addresses all three problems, with the caveat that COMMON_ASFLAGS is not actually used yet. To use COMMON_ASFLAGS, we need to fix genmk.rb. Changing LDFLAGS would have no effect on the problems listed above.

-Hollis