grub-devel

Re: Grub 1 troubleshooting, linux boot delayed problem

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Grub 1 troubleshooting, linux boot delayed problem
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:11:15 +0200

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> Your question is irrevalent with this list. Read the manual and/or the
> web site for information on where to use.
>
> ... Why do people send questions to this list again and again? Is it so
> unclear?

And I asked myself the same question several times.

How about these possible causes:

- The GRUB 2 section is the first that appears.  When looking for a
  mailinglist it is the first list that appears.
- Perhaps it's how people think.  If you have to choose between
  bug-grub or grub-devel, what would you choose?  I would first figure
  out what would be the right list, but it seems people don't do this.
- `GRUB Legacy is no longer under development. This means GRUB Legacy
  is soon to become abandoned and the only modifications made to it
  will be in regards to bug fixes.'  That sounds like it is an
  abandoned, old version no one uses.  I think many people don't know
  or care which version they use.

I will think about how to change this later this week and propose a
solution (+patch).

--
Marco