grub-devel

Re: Grub 1 troubleshooting, linux boot delayed problem

From: P
Subject: Re: Grub 1 troubleshooting, linux boot delayed problem
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:20:16 +0100

David Balazic wrote:
Hi!

I found no other place, so I'll ask here.

I have a problem booting linux with grub ( v 0.9.something ).

I use the commands ( in the grub shell that boots from my HD ):
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.xxx ro root=dev/hda2
initrd /initrd-2.xxx
boot

After entering the "boot" command, the screen is cleared and then nothing
happens for 93 seconds.
After that linux boot normally

grub spends ages probing the actual physical devices to use
if you don't specify a device map. Try doing this first:

device (hd0) /dev/hda

You may also have to specify a geometry?

Pádraig.