Re: [grt-talk] 0.2 roadmap

From: Jason Dagit
Subject: Re: [grt-talk] 0.2 roadmap
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:16:24 -0700

I can let you know.  My guess is that to really support multiple
formats that we will need multiple internal representations OR we will
have to obtain the full internal representation (as an array or list
perhaps?) and then export that.

I feel that the latter is a good option.  I hate to have special cases
for each file format too.

I'm also thinking that we should probably only support non-lossy image
formats.  Converting to a lossy format should be the decision of the
user, and to free ourselves of supporting a ton of formats we should
let them use a program like ImageMagic or Gimp to change between
formats.  Well, at this point just something to think about.

I'm thinking (without doing the research yet) we should do tiff
instead of jpeg.  I think PNG is non-lossy, but I really don't know
much about image formats.  I think as long as we have a few standard
image times and tell people in the documentation how to get a hold of
GPL'd software to convert that they will be happy.

Does that sound good or am I way off base?

Jason