Re: [grt-talk] 0.2 roadmap

From: Nikodemus Siivola
Subject: Re: [grt-talk] 0.2 roadmap
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:12:00 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Jason Dagit wrote:

>  >  * PNG support [Dagit]
>  >  * JPEG support [Dagit]

Once you find out what's involved / required, can you please brief me on
the list or provide pointers to relevant documentation: I have a hunch that
for smooth operation this requires a bit of coordination with the CLX
support, and maybe some though to future concerns such as supersampling.

Mostly I'm wondering about what kind of internal representation are we
going to need, since I don't think it's possible to stream JPEG's like we
currently do with PPM's. I'd hate to maintain one representation for CLX,
one for JPEG, and one for supersampling...

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus