Re: [grt-talk] object intersectons,normal

From: Nikodemus Siivola
Subject: Re: [grt-talk] object intersectons,normal
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:36:22 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Simon Adameit wrote:

> I think you should write them to test unit sphere, unit box and ground
> plane, I'll modify current intersection, inside and normal functions to
> do that, if thats ok with you.

I've already done that with sphere (I'm at work now, and can't access the
code), but go right ahead for box and plane.

Are yuo going to write all three types of intersection fucntions, or just
modify the current ones?

Anyways, take care that correct intersection(s) are found even if the ray
origin is inside the object. (The 0.1 code doesn't do this for
sphere and box, but the code in object-new.lisp should.)

I am trying to finish refactoring the object-new.lisp ASAP, so any help is
welcome.

BTW: We really have to figure out how to coordinate enough so that we don't
duplicate too much effort. But I think it's a good sign that something
like that is happening.

,)=

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus