Re: Using tbl(1) for structure definitions

From: Alejandro Colomar (man-pages)
Subject: Re: Using tbl(1) for structure definitions
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 11:46:14 +0200

Hi Ralph,

On 7/27/22 08:41, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi Alex,

+.TS
+l lB lB l1 lX.
+\&     u64     flags;  /*      T{
+.BR O_ *
+flags */
+T}
+\&     u64     mode;   /*      T{
+Mode for
+.BR O_ { CREAT , TMPFILE }
+*/
+T}

The inline font escapes, \fB...\fP, were much more readable because I
could still see, and check, the structure of the C source code.

Yeah, I think I agree.

tbl(1) could well be overkill here; tabs may do.

Since this example is easy, tbl(1) would be overkill here. In other examples with type names of very different lengths (int vs struct foo) tabs would not work nicely. And I want to keep a consistent way of formatting all types, so I think tbl(1) will win.

Regards,

Alex
--
Alejandro Colomar