Re: We have OSC 8 terminal hyperlink support now

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: We have OSC 8 terminal hyperlink support now
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 12:28:50 -0400

On Sun, 3 Oct 2021 00:57:35 +1000
"G. Branden Robinson" <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is the question of what to do if a man page cross reference is
> ambiguous, perhaps due to a plethora of installed pages on the system.
> (For example, I might have the Linux man-pages open(2) on my system as
> well as the Open Group's open(2).

What happens on such a system if you type

        $ man 2 open

?

I think the system searches MANPATH or whatever, finds the first page
meeting the search criteria, and displays that.  To see another page,
you'd have to use "-a" or alter the search path.

In any case, any question of what to do with such ambiguity is decided
by the man system, not groff, and is orthogonal to hyperlink support.

Nice work, by the way!  I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward
to hyperlink support in ms(7) and URL macros that support gropdf.

--jkl