problem with mm macros

From: Andreas Eder
Subject: problem with mm macros
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:43:50 +0100

Hello,

I'm a newcomer to roff and have just begun reading the book 'UNIX
Document Processing and Typesetting'. There is an example of a letter in
there thay I enclose here, necause it shows the poblem:

.ND "January 1, 1999"
.AU "Dr. Gray Hound"
.AT "Project Leader"
.MT 5
.DS
Our Reference: prog/001
Your Reference: xyz/100
.SP 4
Mr. William Smith
Chief Advisor
Consult the Consultants
Penny House
Graceland
.DE
.SP 3
Dear Mr. Smith
.SP 2
.ce
Recruitment of a Programmer
.fi
.SP 2
.P
With reference to our discussion over lunch at the West Gate Club,
the requirements of the programmer are as follows:
.P
The programmer should be conversant in all computer programming languages
and be ready to develop any kind of software using different computers.
The programmer must also be willing to do administrative and paperwork
to get his/her pay.
.P
Although the requirements may seem to be unusual, I am sure
that with your company's expertise in head hunting, finding a
suitable person for the above-mentioned position will be a trivial matter.
.P
Hope to hear from you soon.
.FC Sincerely yours
.SG

Now the problem is that groff doesn't show the author's title below the
author's name. Both heirloom and neatroff do, so it is maybe a bug in
groff? Also both heirloom and neatroff show name and tile in bold,
whereas groff only shows the name an does not do so in bold.

Maybe someone with more experience in roff can explain what goes wrong.

Sincerly,

Andreas Eder