Re: problem with mm macros

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: Re: problem with mm macros
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 08:48:28 -0500

Actually, I now see that documents headed with .LT don't use .AU etc., but
.WA. And for the most part it works.

But there is still a bug, with one of the four types of letters.

Try this:

.LT SP
.WA "John Doe"
Nowhere,
USA.
.WE
.IA "Jane Smith"
Somewhere,
UK.
.IE
.LO SJ "Letter of Introduction"
.LO SA "Dear Ms Smith"
.P
This is the text of the letter.
.FC "Yours sincerely"
.SG

You'll find that: The subject line shows only the first word; the formal
closing is omitted completely; and the writer's name at the bottom is
followed by a trailing comma.

If you change the first line to
.LT BL

or one of the other types, everything is printed correctly.

Robert.