Re: problem with mm macros

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: problem with mm macros
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 10:40:57 -0500

Andreas has found a true bug.  The  .AT  macro does not act as advertised in
groff_mm ...
        The  title  _does_not_ show up after the name in the signature block.

Search  /usr/share/groff/1.22.2/tmac/m.tmac  (the copy I am using at present)
        fgrep   'cov*at!'  /usr/share/groff/1.22.2/tmac/m.tmac
and I find
        .\" author(s) title stored in cov*at!x!y
        .       ds cov*at!\\n[cov*au]!\\n[cov*i] "\\$[\\n[cov*i]]

which shows that  cov*at!N!N  is created as   cov*at!1!1
but never referenced.

Witness:  If I give   nroff -mm   the following ...

        .ND "January 1, 1999"
        .AU "Dr. Gray Hound"
        .AT "Project Leader"
        .MT 5
        .nf
        xxxx
        \*[cov*au!1!1]
        \*[cov*at!1!1]

it yields ...
        xxxx
        Dr. Gray Hound
        Project Leader

Does anyone maintain  m.tmac  these days?
                                                                        Mike

--
 Mike Bianchi
 Foveal Systems