Greeting card revisited: PS and PDF discrepancies

From: Oliver Corff
Subject: Greeting card revisited: PS and PDF discrepancies
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 21:21:41 +0100

Hi All,

I crawl through the mailing list archive in search of solutions to some
of my problems, and---of course---driven by the eternal quest for
inspiration.

I came across a nice graphics display, posted in December 2009, as a
greeting card:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2009-12/msg00027.html

When I execute the code (trailing spaces removed), I get a nice display
in PostScript, but the PDF output is a mere black shadow.

Is this the way it is supposed to be or a bug?

Best regards,

Oliver.