Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?

From: Deri
Subject: Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 16:10:34 +0000

On Monday, 24 February 2020 14:57:47 GMT Piotr Piatrou wrote:
> A potential problem with GROFF/ghostscript is that it DOES NOT embed the
> Symbol font even with the -P-e option. I wish the developers could check
> this.

Using the OP's original eqn example I get the following states for the fonts:-

A) without -P-e

The fonts are not embedded, okular relies on local fonts.

B) with -P-e

The full fonts are embedded in the pdf.

C) with -P-e and the resulting pdf run through ps2pdf (ghostscript)

The fonts have been subsetted.

In all these examples I am using the .Tpdf device. I have just seen Ralph's
investigation and it appears that ghostscript 9.27 was released but a new
version of groff was not packaged, so the locations in the download file had
become stale.

Cheers

Deri