Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?

From: Piotr Piatrou
Subject: Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 17:57:47 +0300

People,

I have the same problem after having upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04. This is entirely
the viewer's issue: Evince, Zathura somehow lost the Symbol font, whereas Mupdf
and gv still show everything correctly. So my solution was to switch from the
standard Evince to Mupdf.

A potential problem with GROFF/ghostscript is that it DOES NOT embed the Symbol
font even with the -P-e option. I wish the developers could check this.

Another peculiar font problem with GROFF on Ubuntu 18.04: the unicode U-fonts
disappeared from the devpdf folder though they still exist in the GROFF's
source code. So, to get back my Cyrillic I had to compile GROFF from the source
only to pick the U-fonts and put them back to devpdf.

Piotr Piatrou

--
С уважением,
Пётр Петров