Re: [groff] Groff & tbl as a report generator

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: [groff] Groff & tbl as a report generator
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 14:57:13 -0400

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 12:26:57 -0500
Blake McBride <address@hidden> wrote:

> Then, a few years ago, I thought of generating groff/tbl input
> instead and then calling those tools to generate the final PDF output.

You're not the only one.  https://github.com/jklowden/sqlrpt

I wrote it last year to make my use of SQLite more convenient.  I
normally use it instead of the SQLite command-line utility to view
data.  Not only does it make wide columns of text easier to read, it
represents large numbers accurately.  (The SQLite utility will drop
digits that don't fit in the column-width).

--jkl