Re: [groff] mom & slide-presentations

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [groff] mom & slide-presentations
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 10:26:01 -0500

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017, Gour wrote:
> What about the other part, iow. language support in groff/mom ala Babel to get
> proper localized names for typical book parts like part/chapter...,
> hyphenation
> patterns, creating indexes, glossary..?

With mom, typical book parts are all user settable strings.  The
defaults are English but easily changed, e.g.

  .CHAPTER_STRING "Chapître

Groff can handle most TeX hyphenation pattern files without
modification.  If there's a Croatian file for TeX, you should be
able to use it.

Mom does not provide indexing macros.  There are reports indicies
can be created with makeindex, which ships with TeX, but I have no
experience with it.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca