Re: [groff] mom & slide-presentations

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [groff] mom & slide-presentations
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 10:45:41 -0500

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017, Gour wrote:
> > Unicode support for groff is pretty solid, so you don't have
> > to worry about that.  As for "modern fonts," PostScript Type1,
> > TrueType, and Open Type fonts can all be made available to
> > groff with the install-font.sh script
>
> That I have to test - trying some 'demo' docs and adding Croatian native
> characters (šŠ, đĐ, čČ, čČ, žŽ) didn't work out of the box...

Make sure the font you're using contains the Croation glyphs.  To
the best of my knowledge, none of the fonts that ship with groff has
them.  You have to install them yourself (use install-font.sh).  I
downloaded a free font with Croatian support for testing and groff
processed it properly.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca