Re: [Groff] grohtml: macro error: RP is not allowed after the first page

From: Anton Shterenlikht
Subject: Re: [Groff] grohtml: macro error: RP is not allowed after the first page has started
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:17:52 +0100 (BST)

>From address@hidden Thu Apr 14 16:02:42 2016
>
>I wonder if it might be worth commenting out the .RP and see if html
>generation works?  It appears to be influencing the initial macros
>which might be conflicting with html.

Actually, after fixing the .XS/.XE placement issue,
the output is nearly fine:

http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/coarweb/doc.html

One problem I can see is that the last 2 words in
the longer heading titles have been merged together,
i.e. the whitespace is missing, e.g.:

http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/coarweb/doc.html#7.%20Remote%20operations,%20execution%20segments%20and%20image%20controlstatements

Any idea what can cause this?

Another minor nit is that the pi symbol is
rendered correctly in the body, but missing
from headings or the TOC entry:

yes in the text:

http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/coarweb/doc.html#10.%20New%20Fortran%202008%20construct:%20DO%20CONCURRENT

no in the header:

http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/coarweb/doc.html#12.%20Example%20program:%20calculation%20of

>Ultimately the RP macro could be fixed to return early should html be
>present.  Or should be hack above work you could use:
>
>  .if !'\*(.T'html'  .RP

This exact command didn't work, but passing a
user defined register to groff does work:

.if \n[toc] .RP no

I now build PostScript with -r toc=1,
but not html.

Many thanks