[Groff] Using Make with pdfmom

From: Koz Ross
Subject: [Groff] Using Make with pdfmom
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 09:36:17 +1300

I have the following directory layout:

Makefile
LICENSE
README.md
src:
    en:
       main.mom
       ch01.mom
       ch02.mom
    ru:
       main.mom
       ch01.mom
       ch02.mom

In each case, main.mom INCLUDEs ch01.mom etc. When I write a Makefile rule, I
first tried using the -I directive to add the folder containing all the chapter
files to the search path, but when I tried that, I got this:

Unknown option: I
Unknown option: .
Unknown option: /
Unknown option: r
Unknown option: c
Unknown option: /
Unknown option: r

I've come up against this before with vanilla groff. Thus, I had to formulate
the command to cd into the right directory first, then build there. Is this the
only way I can do this, or am I missing some option I could use instead?
--
Koz Ross <address@hidden>
www.retro-freedom.nz