Re: [Groff] Using Make with pdfmom

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] Using Make with pdfmom
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 11:04:22 +0000

On Fri 06 Nov 2015 09:36:17 Koz Ross wrote:
> I have the following directory layout:
>
> Makefile
> LICENSE
> README.md
> src:
>     en:
>        main.mom
>        ch01.mom
>        ch02.mom
>     ru:
>        main.mom
>        ch01.mom
>        ch02.mom
>
> In each case, main.mom INCLUDEs ch01.mom etc. When I write a Makefile rule,
> I first tried using the -I directive to add the folder containing all the
> chapter files to the search path, but when I tried that, I got this:
>
> Unknown option: I
> Unknown option: .
> Unknown option: /
> Unknown option: r
> Unknown option: c
> Unknown option: /
> Unknown option: r
>
> I've come up against this before with vanilla groff. Thus, I had to
> formulate the command to cd into the right directory first, then build
> there. Is this the only way I can do this, or am I missing some option I
> could use instead?

In the current git log you should see:-

commit 0fd1ab8c1c07c7c9bfadd30042a617e7f855d13e
Author: Deri James <address@hidden>
Date:   Tue Oct 27 15:43:41 2015 +0000

    gropdf was choking on -I flag passed by groff.

        Now uses these directories to search for included pdfs.

        * src/devices/gropdf/gropdf.pl: Handle -I flag, avoid
          unitialised values.

        * src/roff/groff/groff.1.man: Include 'X pdf: pdfpic'

        * src/devices/gropdf/gropdf.1.man: Document -I flag

So this issue has been fixed in the git repository. I attach a small patch
which is what was applied to the git version.

Cheers

Deri