Re: [Groff] Proper Small Caps.

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Proper Small Caps.
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 14:56:51 -0500

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://2d.laboratorium.net/post/108351875900/small-caps-big-problem
> complains about small caps from Word, etc., compared with small caps
> designed by the designer.

I'm fond of smallcaps, but I don't like the faked version, not even the
OpenType smallcaps.  Whenever possible, I always advise getting a
designer-cut smallcaps font.

That said, and against my better judgment, I'm adding .SMALLCAPS to
mom in the next release (within a couple of weeks).  It's similar
to Ted's macro, but allows for changing the size of smallcaps
(as a user-settable percentage of the current point size) as well
as their weight (by "fattening" them a user-settable percentage of
their point size).

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca