Re: [Groff] Introduction to groff in french

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Introduction to groff in french
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 23:51:54 -0500

Bertrand --

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014, Bertrand Garrigues wrote:
> Thanks for your remarks, I will correct my example and commit it.  I
> have a tendency to add a blank line before or after a HEADING for
> clarity pupose in the source file, but this add an extra blank line.  I
> guess the recommandation is to simply add a comment with "\#"?

The simplest ways to add blank lines to input without affecting
output are to put a period on a line by itself, or define a dummy
macro for .blm so you you use real blank lines.

  .de dummy
  ..
  .blm dummy

You can use comment lines, too.

> Also, I found out that in the mom examples, sometimes .PP is added
> right after a HEADING, sometimes no.  What is the general rule?

Not sure I understand.  There's no general rule.  If what comes
after HEADING is a paragraph, then PP comes right after the
heading (with as many blank or comment lines as you like in
between--assuming, if blank lines, you've added the above to your
file).

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca