Re: [Groff] Introduction to groff in french

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: [Groff] Introduction to groff in french
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 23:35:27 +0100

Hi Peter,
On Thu, Nov 27 2014 at 05:51:54 AM, Peter Schaffter <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014, Bertrand Garrigues wrote:
[...]
>> Also, I found out that in the mom examples, sometimes .PP is added
>> right after a HEADING, sometimes no.  What is the general rule?
>
> Not sure I understand.  There's no general rule.  If what comes
> after HEADING is a paragraph, then PP comes right after the
> heading (with as many blank or comment lines as you like in
> between--assuming, if blank lines, you've added the above to your
> file).

Sorry, my question wasn't clear.  In fact I have two questions.

If I have a paragraph starting just after a HEADING, and I use the
defaut behaviour (no indentation of the first paragraph), is it the same
thing to add or omit .PP before this first paragraph just after a
HEADING? Isn't .PP useless as I don't want to indent the pragraph?

Second question, is it a recommended style not to indent the first
paragraph, at least in English typesetting? I've noticed that most of
the English books I have don't indent the first paragraph while most of
the French books do so, although it's not always the case.

Bertrand Garrigues