Re: [Groff] Letterspacing

From: hohe72
Subject: Re: [Groff] Letterspacing
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 15:52:58 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote (Fri, 28 Mar 2014 06:44:19 +0100
(CET)):
> Well, *if* someone is going to implement a better line breaking
> algorithm, it should be the best available, and not a compromise.
> Changes are necessary in any case...

A clear word for mission statement. BTW.

> > Like Doug, I smell an increase in complexity that runs counter to
> > simplicity, flexibility, and portability.

What about introducing a diversion (or environment), for the only
purpose of paragraph-at-once, inkl. diversion specific requests,
while inheriting only non line-at-once groff settings. That might also
handle border contours (line lengths determined by a non vertical line
border).

Being a object oriented approach in programming and modular in using.