Re: [Groff] Letterspacing

From: Steve Izma
Subject: Re: [Groff] Letterspacing
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:18:32 -0400

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:13:54PM +0100, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Groff] Letterspacing
>
> > The grey is clearly superior to the unadjusted column.
>
> It appears to me that "No adjustment" column appears worse than
> it needs to because you're seriously inhibiting hyphenation...

I think many publishers (including the ones I work for) do not
like leaving two letters of a word before or after a break.

--
Steve Izma                                address@hidden
    Computing Systems Administrator       519-884-0710 ext. 6125

    Wilfrid Laurier University Press      http://www.wlupress.wlu.ca
    Waterloo, Ont., Canada N2L 3C5        http://nestor.wlu.ca/blog
Our e-newsletter http://www.wlupress.wlu.ca/press/General/signupform.shtml