Re: [Groff] GPL or FDL

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] GPL or FDL
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 07:36:17 +0100 (CET)

>> I will move all man-pages where I'm among the authors from FDL to
>> GPL.
>
> Out of curiousity, can you do that without the other authors' explicit
> agreement?

Actually, the authors have assigned the copyright to the FSF, so Bernd
has to ask the FSF (and only the FSF) how to proceed.  I'm not sure
that they will agree to use the GPL, since documentation is not
software.

Bernd, maybe you should look at other GNU projects (e.g. `coreutils')
to check how they resolve this issue.

    Werner

PS: I'll write to Karl Berry for clarification too.