Re: [Groff] GPL or FDL

From: Ingo Schwarze
Subject: Re: [Groff] GPL or FDL
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 21:31:00 +0100

Hi Bernd,

Bernd Warken wrote on Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 05:17:07PM +0100:

> I will move all man-pages where I'm among the authors from FDL to GPL.
>
> Next I will transform all GPL man-pages into the following structure:
[...]
> Near the end of the man-page file the following sections are added:
>
> .\" --------------------------------------------------------------------
> .SH "AUTHOR"
> .author

Do you have any specific reason to use the custom section name "AUTHOR"
in this place instead of the standard section name "AUTHORS"?

Note that both groff_man(7) and groff_mdoc(7) recommend and use
AUTHORS, not AUTHOR, and according to my experience, it is common
to stick to AUTHORS even when crediting one single author only.

Yours,
  Ingo