Re: [Groff] Wrapping Text Arond Figures and Captions

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Wrapping Text Arond Figures and Captions
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:10:21 +0000

Hi Denis,

> What I cannot see is how to wrap text round a non-centred pic, or even
> harder, something like:
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxx .---------. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxx |         | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxx |         | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxx |         | xxxxxxxx .------. xxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxx |         | xxxxxxxx |      | xxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxx |         | xxxxxxxx |      | xxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxx `---------' xxxxxxxx |      | xxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |      | xxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |      | xxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx `------' xxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If they only overlap vertically and not horizontally, then could this be
looked at as

    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    !!!!! llllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    !!!!! llllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    !!!!! cccc @@@@@ ccccccccccccccccc
    !!!!! cccc @@@@@ ccccccccccccccccc
    !!!!! rrrr @@@@@ cccc ##### cccccc
    !!!!! ccccccccccccccc ##### cccccc
    ccccccccccccccccccccc ##### cccccc
    ccccccccccccccccccccc ##### cccccc
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr $$$$$
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr $$$$$
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Where address@hidden are pictures and

    n -- normal text.
    l -- picture on the left edge.
    c -- picture in `centre'.
    r -- ...on right edge.

The key thing being the `r' which is used for all but the optional
far-left picture and the final one of it's not against the edge.
Butting the codes against their picture, a longer example would be

    !!!!! rrrrrr@@@@@ rrrrrr##### rrrrrr$$$$$ cccccc%%%%%cccccc

Cheers, Ralph.