Re: [Groff] U+0027, U+002D, and U+0060 in code examples?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] U+0027, U+002D, and U+0060 in code examples?
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 13:01:02 +0200 (CEST)

>   * When using -Tps and converting to PDF, copy&paste will produce
>     U+2212 for the minus sign ('\-' input) and
>     U+002D for the hyphen ('-' input).
>     (I tried it with KDE's konqueror-embedded PDF viewer.)
>     But copy&paste from PDF always needs postprocessing: In particular,
>     I find the problem of the 'fi' ligature more inconventient when
>     copy&pasting from PDF.

Ideally, there should be a proper ToUnicode cmap in the PDF so that
copy and paste gives good results.  On the PostScript side, it should
be theoretically possible to use the `GlyphNames2Unicode' dictionary
(an undocumented Adobe Distiller extension) so that PS->PDF software
can provide non-standard mappings.  Right now, I haven't found a full
example code for that.

However, the gropdf driver could directly add support for that...
Deri?