Re: [Groff] groff MM problem with AU/AT

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff MM problem with AU/AT
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 00:01:38 +0400

Werner LEMBERG:

> Please  tell  me if you have found a patch which I
> can apply to the repository.

This is bound to be difficult because I  don't  have
an  exact  specification  of how mm _should_ typeset
the signature, and have to try to imitate  it  based
on tests -- the black box method...

On  the other hand, even what little I have done can
be considered an improvement:

  1.  Memorandum signature no longer  requires  that
      optional .AU parameters be specified.

  2.  The title (.AT) is now output.

  3.  A  typo  was  fixed  that  caused  the list of
      authors' initials contain multiple  copies  of
      those of the last author.

  4.  The  memorandum-style  signature  block is now
      typeset in bold, but still can  have  problems
      if  it  happens to cross the inter-page bound-
      aty, which case needs to be tested with a ref-
      erence implementation of mm.

Anton